Playa la Medialuna is an intimate beach hotel with a very casual atmosphere, all decorated in soft colors with traditional Mexican style, it is ideally located on the secluded “Half Moon Beach” on the downtown Northern tip of Isla Mujeres. The “Half Moon Beach” took its shape from being a natural barried reef with vibrant undersea life.
Downtown Isla Mujeres is only a four block walk south. Find a treasure walking into the little handicraft & jewerly shops and enjoy restaurants of every specialty.
The hotel has an air conditioned breakfast área with a small living room equipped with televisión and high speed wireless internet service, it also provides Spa services. The property has a sandy beach, fresh water pool and lounge área with a wooden bar. A two minutes walk from your room takes you to the reef protected North Beach with its calm and shallow turquoise waters, ideal for swimming.
Our Murals: We have added the art work of Arnold D. Cruz ‘Datoer’ to the hotel, an up and coming young artist from the central Yucatan Peninsula. He has modified his urban style to accommodate our tropical views and ideas.
You can enjoy ‘Datoer’ Turtle nesting dream’ from the ocean view rooms, as well as our general pool and beach areas. He has given us a beautiful representation of the turtles that come to nest and lay their eggs on our sandy beach. The nesting takes place under the cover of darkness during the summer months, ‘Datoer’ turtles are now there all the time for you and your family to enjoy and learn.
The Palm view rooms not only have the view of a green palm area, but also the dreamlike paintings of “Dato” to relax into a serene imaginary escape.
Located on the 2nd floor, the Cozy rooms feature one queen size bed, balcony with Mayan hammock overviewing palm trees & the mermaid wall mural. No breakfast included. 20 mt2 / 220 ft.2
CLASSIC OCEAN VIEW
Intimate rooms with two dbl beds each, they are located in all three floors of the hotel closest to the lobbies. They offer terrace or balcony with Mayan hammock to relax enjoying the amazing ocean view and seaside pool area. 28 mt2/300 ft.2
KING OCEAN VIEW
Romantic rooms with king bed, decorated with a romantic veil, terrace or balcony with Mayan hammock to enjoy the amazing ocean view and seaside pool area. 30 mt2/320 ft.2
KING WITH JACUZZI
Lovely accommodation with king size bed decorated with a romantic veil. The reading area has a futon. The suite features a spacious balcony with an outdoor Jacuzzi big enough for two people. The terrace also has beach lounge chairs, they are a perfect place to enjoy a quiet read while hearing the sounds of the ocean. 50 mt2/550 ft.2
Two Units separate and complete each with ocean front view from the living room, they are on the ground floor. The units can be connecting but are rented individually. Each of the two units feature two air conditioned bedrooms, one with two queen size beds, and the other one with king size bed, one bathroom connected to the king room and also with the living room area. Fully equipped kitchen, ceiling fan, cable TV and safe deposit box. The beach front of the apartment has a comfortable living room with a sofa bed, chairs and dining area. Terrace with ocean front view and Mayan hammock. 80 mt2/ 860 ft.2
For your comfort, the reservation and front desk staff will help you organize these services prior to your arrival:
- Whale Shark tours: Shared trip $125. USD per person (4 hrs), swim with the whale sharks, seasonal only May 15 to Sept 15.
- Sport fishing trips: from $499. Usd + tax, private trip ( Based on 4 guest, 4 hrs) Snapper, grouper, mackerel, trigger fish, etc. Atlantic sailfish deep sea fishing 6 hours $700 usd + tax. Beautiful boats, professional crew refreshments, bait and equipment included, www.keen-m.com.
- Golf Carts: All Day 9:AM to 5:PM $55.- USD & 24 Hours $65. USD
- Mopeds: (Scooters) 9:Am to 5:Pm: $35. USD & 24 Hours $45. USD
- Massages: in your room terrace or pool area rates from $50. to $90. USD
- Tours to Chichen Itza and Tulum: $120. USD per person (all day)
- Tour to Contoy Island: $90. USD per person (meals/drinks included, all day)
- Snorkelling tours: $45. USD visiting the nurse sharks and Musa underwater museum (Meals/ included, 4 Hrs)
- Swim with the Dolphins: From $109. USD to $199. USD
- Tour around The Island in Taxi: $30. USD (per hour, max 4 passengers)
- Private Transportation from Cancun airport to the Ferry port: Van $65. USD Round trip (SPECIAL) $120. USD
SPECIALS are valid only if reservation is made prior to arrival date guaranteed with credit card Visa or MasterCard.
Appointments and special arrangements can be done when the reservation is confirmed.
Discounts and Prices are subject to change without notice, please inquire current rates.
We are on the Caribbean Sea side of the island featuring the “Half moon” shaped beach. We are located in the downtown area (the north side) of Isla Mujeres; a few minutes walk from north beach and shopping area. For your comfort and safety, this is a Non-Smoking hotel.
Seccion Rocas, Punta Norte, Lotes 9 & 10, Centro, Isla Mujeres, Quintana Roo, Mexico C.P. 77400
Phone 52(998)877-0759 & 877-1124